Saturday, February 14, 2009

Single Lady

Single Lady
by yuli flestado

Since it’s valentines day, I feel like I have the duty to write something about love.

I know I’ll be too corny to write something about love for friends and family for this occasion. So what can I do? I am currently not attached to anyone, never was.

Someone said that when you say that nobody loves you, it always pertain to a partner. Hmm.. so maybe that’s why there are times that I feel so unloved. To tell you honestly, there are a lot of times that I want to give in. It’s great to have someone who’ll be there for you, through ups and down, whether it’s bad hair day or what, its nice to have a kakampi and you have someone na inaaway. But, a big BUT, I still want to have that fairytale love story, I would want my love story to be surreal. It’s one of the reasons why I opt not to, besides I promised to be a professional first before I engage into other life-major-concern.

Never been into a relationship doesn’t mean never been in love. Well I’m quite confuse if it’s really love. Maybe in few more time, I’ll be able to discern it.

To give this entry a little sense. I have some few of my love stories to tell. The first one is about puppy love.

When I was at my sixth grade, I had this friend who said I’ll be his girlfriend for a week. Just so, I said yes. And Yes, we were on for a week. After graduation, there was not enough communication. It even took me quite long time to figure out that we went to the same high school. He changed a lot. When we were at grade school, I know he was quite feminine in some ways. When we were at high school, I saw him playing volleyball with that micro-mini-short. He decided to go OUT. I am not resentful, just to record. A lot would laugh when I blab about this story. oh! I forgot to tell them that I actually really liked that guy.

High School was such a crazy life! I met a lot of people who carved me into how grotesquely odd I am today ^^. I was at my second year when I had this group of friends. We were 13 back then and among all, Gilbert was the closest. Every lunch break, I was always with him. We were so inseparable. Though I really liked him, my love for him was purely platonic. One night, he said that he wanted to tell me something. Our friends were intensely teasing us. Prior to that, I had some clues on how he felt, but I kept on believing that he's a brother to me and he felt the same way too. He went near to me and looked at my eyes. He was shaking, I could vividly remember his lips trembled. I knew what he’s about to say, but I really don’t wanna hear it. Before he could open his mouth, I said: Wait, I know what you want to say and the answer is no. I wasn’t really concern if it was offensive or were there any less nasty way to say it. He was a shocked as I. I said those words even without second thoughts. I just said what I felt. Then there he was, unmoved. It lasted for around a minute before anyone in the room could talk, there was a complete silence. Then, he walked out. I saw him walking away. A friend of mine tried to comfort him, but he shunned away. I saw him crying. At that time, I feel like my heart was firmly gripped. It was like the end of our friendship before I knew it.

Stupid, I was really so stupid to let our good friendship put into waste. I less often see him these days. The good thing is, we are quite mature to say hellos and how are you to each other. Though the good old friendship may never be back, at least we have good memories that will never put into waste. I still have him.

Guys, in one way or another will cause disappointment! Look, I am not generalizing but I can attest that there are a lot of rubbishes out there.

There are those who would flirt even though they already have their girl. It maybe inevitable but it’s not okay. There are also those guys who are so good with talking but then would eventually leave you hanging. They would say some lame excuses why and so on, the nice part is that at the end they’ll realize it’s their big lost. There are also those guys who only care about superficiality. They would frankly say that sorry I don’t like talking with not good looking people and again when they would find out how beautiful you are (I mean inside and out!), nice thing is that they would bend their knees for your attention. How sweet fate is, it would voluntarily offer the delightful revenge.

Okay, I am starting to write harsh now. Maybe you would think that I hate boys. Of course no! I love them! I mean, I love my boys. It’s always great to have some guy friends around, my dearest hubby, my langa, my superman, my partner, my twin and the rest of d bois.

To windup, I’m single and lovin’ it! =)

some of my good guyfriends. Joey, who is 2 days younger than me. Ray, my hubby and Mr. fun to talk with, Otep.

4 Violent Comments:

junelle said...

.. single still? =) have fun!

karenina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
truelovewaits said...

My Dearest Prince Charming,

I am wondering at this very minute if you are thinking of me, if like me, you are wondering what is taking us so long to find each other. Many times I thought I finally found you only to be disillusioned by the fact that my wait has not yet ended. I get up each morning hoping, dreaming, longing to meet you. I am thinking of how we will meet, would it be as romantic as the ones I have seen in movies? Or is it possible that I have known you all my life but we have yet to realize that we are meant for each other? Oh how I wish you were here right now because you are the only one who has the answers to all my questions. Sometimes I ask myself if I have ever really known "love". I do not have the answer to that question either but I believe that, more often than not, we will never really know what love is until we find that right person.. and since I have not found you yet, then maybe I do not really know what love is! You just don't know how often I dream of finally knowing what it feels like to be in your arms. Even at this very moment I am imagining how you will simply sweep me off my feet! Perhaps I would be drawn to you by your smile, or your eyes, or maybe even how you manage to make me laugh by your silly little ways! I don't really know for sure but I am praying that God will help me recognize you when the right time comes. I think of all the pain that I have gone through in the past and of how much I have cried since the day I began my search. I just wanted you to know that I find my strength in clinging onto my vision of the beautiful life ahead of me --- the life I shall spend with you. In my mind and in my heart I know that you are worth all that pain and sacrifice. After all, the tears have become a part of my life and I believe that they are slowly washing away my flaws so that I would become perfect, not perfect in its truest sense, but perfect --- for YOU! I wonder if you've gone through so much pain as well. I wonder if you've been hurt so many times along the journey. But my dearest one, please don't ever give up because I am right here... patiently waiting for you! I assure you that when we finally find each other I would slowly heal those wounds by my love. At night, I would look out my window and stare at the beautiful sky, hoping that somehow you are also looking up and wondering about me. I utter a silent prayer and send all my cries to the heavens above thinking that in time they would reach you. And when I feel impatient, I just close my eyes and believe that you are on your way and that you are longing to see me as well. It is funny but when I finally fall asleep, it is still you that I think of, for you are always in my dreams. It seems that, for now, that is the only place where I can hold on to you, long enough to tell you how much I love you. In my dreams you would kiss away my fears and wrap me with your arms of love. And this, all the more, makes me want to wake up and face the new day ahead with the hope that soon enough, you will no longer be a dream but a reality and once again I am assured that you are worth the wait. And when that time comes, everything will fall into its place, just as I had imagined, just as I had thought and dreamed, just as I had believed it would be! By then, I would simply look back and smile at all that I have gone through, in spite of the pain and amidst the simple joys of life --- and I would be very thankful because they all led me to you! In the meantime, take care of yourself...♥

Love,
:)


send this letter to my prince charming

YULI said...

i will if i find him :)

Post a Comment

type what's on your mind. asserting is not a crime! :)