Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finding Debie

I honestly can’t remember when exactly we formally met. All I know is that she is a good friend, though I really don’t have the idea when will be a friend be labeled as good nor an acquaintance be considered as a friend.


She is Debie, one of the most wonderful and sweetest people I’ve ever met.

It was on August 2008 when the moderator of Director’s Guild called a meeting to rebuild the devastated club. The meeting after discussing few issues had an election of officers and she was hailed as the Public Information Officer. I honestly can’t remember when exactly we formally met or did we ever had a “hi, hello my name blah blah blah, how about you?” conversation. Through frequent encounters, her face became familiar well then I labeled her as the thin girl from DG.


I can’t remember when was the first time I called her by name but I can vividly remember the time when Chris and I teased her, baptizing her Finding Debie. It is derived from the Disney’s movie Finding Nemo. The joke wasn’t that funny but what made it very amusing was Debie’s expression. Quite teary eyed. She was indeed a perfect subject for trippin.


She is a serious crybaby. The first time I saw her crying was during our Intramurals last October. In our local slang term, she was at the state of critical werla. She was so busy, have to do this and that, check there, check here, finding solutions to problems and all. While having rounds in the movie house where we were, she repetitively asked “okay lang kayo jan?...sure? okay lang?” Worry was translucent in her eyes. I tried to hold her hands, it was a cold as ice. Then I told her to take a deep breath and relax. She was teary eyed then broke down. Seeing her cry never made me think that she’s a loser, in fact I admire her for having the courage and ability to stretch her self so wide that I can only imagine.


One of the most touching things she did for me was when she gave me a letter during our retreat. I wasn’t really expecting anything from her. Guess the best gifts in life come in great surprises. I was so moved with her letter. Rare are those moments when people would express their gratitude on the small, unnoticed yet meaningful things you do. She is one of those people who made my joie de vivre come back as I felt so low.


In the early part of the school year’s second semester, everybody was seemingly busy with the academe. When we see each other, we only have “hi, blah blah..i have to go…bye bye!” conversations. I miss the calls of ate and kuya of the younger members to the older yet not so old members. I think, the greatest quality our club has is the amazingly strong camaraderie. We are indeed a happy family.


Just yesterday, the school released the list of the students who were requested to apply for honors. Debie, was then hailed as Magna Cum Laude.


August 01, 2009


blog updated and published. Debbie is now a REGISTERED NURSE.


Thank you bro!


debie and me

1 Violent Comments:

Blogosphere said...

hie yuli,

nice blog you have here. come to my website to increase the traffic and make more money from nuffnang. www.imcurtain.com

see you there!

Post a Comment

type what's on your mind. asserting is not a crime! :)